Thứ Năm, 21 tháng 6, 2012

The Sweet Red Blood in the Earth / a poem by Lê Gianh

we promise one another - poems from an asian war -
selected, translated, introduced   by  don luce  &   ...

            the sweet red  blood in the earth
             a poem by  lê gianh

My brother died a heroic death  -  -
At birth he was of yellow skin
His blood like a vermilion paint
Conversing the traces of tyranny .

My mother died a miserable death
She mourns her children in mutual destruction
Her blood feeds the grass
And the palm trees become greener under the golden sun .

My brother died in the areas of ideologies
Killed by the enemy ' s guns
His blood runs through the land
The moan of regret tolling high on the hill .

Our enemy died
While the wheels of the funeral carriage turns on
His blood remains in the stone statues
In infinite darkness it remains .

I am dying of slavery
My dreams cannot cross the prison bounds
When I die may my blood  become sweet honey ,

Drop by drop covering the traces of inhumanity .

Uncooked rice, dry salt, and water
I swallow my tears .   My stomach aches at night ,
Mosquitos and insects attack my fleshless body ,
Inder my pale skin, blackened bruises stare out .

On a cold evening , mourning clouds hang at the door ,
From the cells come the  echos :
Mother ,  I am struggling with my faithful friends,
Preserving our pride and courage to the last breath . 
 []

  LÊ GIANH

( from    WE PROMISE ONE ANOTHERpoems from an asian war -
 selected, translated by  DON LUCE - JOHN C. SCHAFER &  JACQUELYN CHAGON .
Published by The Indochina   Moblie  Education Project,    Washington, D.C, 1974  - p. 101 - 102 )

0 Nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét

Đăng ký Đăng Nhận xét [Atom]

<< Trang chủ