Chủ Nhật, 4 tháng 12, 2016

Interview with musician Tuan Khanh, the author of 'The Last Leaf' by Trinh Thanh Thuy ( source: Lá thư Úc châu/ Letter from Australia)

Interview with musician Tuan Khanh,
the author of 'The Last Leaf' by Trinh Thanh Thuy
source: Lá thư Úc Châu/ Letter from Australia)



                                                 tuấn khanh  [ i.e. trần ngọc trọng 1933-    ]
                                                                                      (photo: internet)
                      interview with musician tuan khanh,
                           the author of 'the last leaf'
                                                        by  trinh thanh thuy
                                                            (this is a Google's translation)



'Leaves on the branches last a fly'.  Photos yellows laves off the branches end, wind Roll followed mistress separation off the branches in a way, is a romantic image, but a bitter heart.  It also was a silent farewell, exclamation of love story was done.  Musician Tuấn Khanh the author of the song 'The Last Leaf' was an end of his song by saying this song.   He is also the author of many sad love songs and torment other skin away as 'blurred', 'feeling'.  'Under the old flower truss' or 'States parties Soan old shelf' [Hoa soan  bên thềm cũ], 'Quan midnight' [Quán nửa khuya] . vv..v ..

Tuấn Khanh, Trần ngoc Trọng real name, was born in 1933.  In addition to writing music, he was a singer with the stage name Trần Ngọc.  In 1953, he won the first prize of Radio Hanoi on vocals.  His first song was 'Across boat' [Đò ngang] (written with musician Y Vân ).  He settle in California, USA.  Here he opened a noodle shop named 'United Soan on old shelf'.  He also has various pseudnoyme, Hoài Thương, Trần Kim Phú, Hoàng Mộng Ng.. etc ...

Trinh Thanh Thuy: T learned that he learned the violin from childhood and the first prize of Hanoi Radio 1953 on vocals.  Notes can tell memorable day winning pay it? O

Tuấn Khanh:  That day contest 120 over 3 rounds: Preliminary review (select 25 contestants), semifinals (pick 8), finalists (selected  grades 1,2, 3) and en-stage performances.  Through the first two rounds I won the first prize winners and second prize winners Thanh Hằng her.  As to the finals and represent only 8 people, I see trouble, bad luck.  Causes, later recounted by Mrs Thẩm Oánh I knew.  Number authored song 'Tan Effect' [Tan tác] Tu Mi at the time was because he wanted give back, to pay for her sense Thanh Hằng was introduced to his girlfriend, so he broke a hand in obstinate in my performances.  Mr. Tu Mi has used an audio expert technical care of Hanoi Radio.  He told him that he's going to go on looking after households.  When I take my exam code number is I, she Thanh Hằng is 2.  Holders of 8 exams, the next person with the number 7, and so on. Everything is going well but when I took the microphone to sing about last there.  I sang 'Bird Gypsy' [Cánh chim giang hồ] by [composer Ngọc Bích].  When I first spoke 'Gypsy hovering birds fly'.  Then turn off the microphone envy.  That day audio system with small light bulb instead of buttons.  Just rotate the liquid I of the light bulb, then another sound, or off completely.  He screwed the bulb Tu Mi loose, loose power lines should be interrupted again microphones soundless.  I was fit and dismay.  Technical Committee of the correction, then I had to sing again.  Just walking music, I sing 'Gypsy hovering birds flying, toward the distant horizon clouds pull over ...'Micro back down again.  I chickened soul continues to cloud.  So, all 3 times.  Results round performances I was ranked second.  Some time later, the technician he revealed the secret to him Thẩm Oánh is deputy director-cum-chief radio contest jury chair, Mr Tu Mi deliberately hands on.  When migrating to the South, he met Thẩm Oánh have to embark sorry, recalls and corrections I would be first class but because of technical reasons such unfortunate happening.

TTT: In contest Anh Ngọc singer and muscian-singer- song writer Hoàng Giác] participate and do not pay?

TK: Both are not attending.  At that time it was known as the famous singer or actor list .At that time in the South called Anh Ngoc actor; while the North hs amateur Ngọc Bảo [singer].   As well s in the South have diva Minh Trang  (mother of the singer Quỳnh Giao Dương thiệu Tước musicin wufe Deprivation., the North has Minh Do [singer] (aunt Kim Tước Deprivation) Hòang Giác singer-song writer also famous.  Then he had composed the 'Liberty'. ].[Quê hương.]

TTT:   After winning and becoming  famous singer?  Notes continue his singing career and sing where not?  Any notes or sing all the time?  Between singer and musician, if I had to choose a certain leaning towards more pay?

TK:  In the South I sing in bands like The delegation of [musician] Hoàng Trọng, Vũ văn Tuynh, Vũ Nhân, Hoàng Hưng ... I started only composing but only implicity. Persons musical initiation for me is Dr. Tuấn, my brother.  Right from the age of 10  I could hod a sound track that initiation immediately.   I sing songs that youth are 'Mơ flowers' [Mơ hoa] by Hoàng Giác, 'One Way collection' [Một chiều thu by] Nhật Bằng, 'Loosening' [Nỗi lòng] by Nguyễn văn Khánh, 'People of' [Người về] by Phạm Duy... I used to sing with singers Anh Ngoc & Ngọc Long & Duy  Trác & Mộc Lan & Tâm Vấn.  She has own singing dancing very [attractive] , sexy young people liked, so enthralled the death youth.

  
                                                    'Tấm Vấn has own singing dancing very [attractive],
                                                              sexy young  people liked, so enthralled the dead youth '  
                                                                                      (photo: internet)


  From 1955 to 1970 I had a singer and songwriter.  Until 1970, I decided to retire do not sing anymore, dedicated to songwriting.  Also, I play violin for a place to live, I pulled the violin amd makes Saigon Radio for 10 years.  Each contract they pay 200 Vn piaster to 250 Vn piaster later, 2 contract date, with 500 already, and you also have a job someday.  Single, hired [room] 500,  5000 rice a month, enough to live. I worked with the German maestro Võ đức Tuyết, Nguyễn quí Lãm, Đặng văn Hiến reviews violin, flute.

TTT: First of 75 years, uncle is a professional musician or amoatuer?  Notes have not drafted?

TK: I am a professional musician for the Radio and music reviews in the Army band of Pschycological War.  Until 'Têt' generation mobiliztion, the civil servants in the Radio to Military School for five weeks.  I was called to Army Reservists to turn to when, if any, the Communist invasion of the Radio I can shooting for Radio. 


TTT: Pay with each chasing the trends of fashion or whim of the majority mass when composing it? Impressions of pay as you go out from the usual way of composing.


TK: I have two different types of music.  Music has often betwen selective listener called 'music to' kindly named Tuấn Khanh.  As for the music for the masses, I took many different names such as Hoài Thương Thương (Valentine, however he did not say), Trần Kim Phú (For Missed Love Each Other Awakening), Hoàng Mộng Ngân
(The Sad Sister) ... When I write music, the music was mass selling.  It is not only financial benefits, but also beneficial component parts of standing out fame.  Because ordinary men crowded hundred, only an intellectual.  While the authors have filled the chest with music without wearing pants when we know the name.  Compose music, not the music school is finished can write music of famous that it requires more talent windfall.  By composing for new people is the most important by.  At that time all of this kind I hvae just written, masses rushing to buy House released 5,000 copies printed, only 1, 2 days is sold ou Just & Council a copy.  I was one of several sel-printed hand grab music publisher failed at all.   Lam Phương musician whose music is selling well in taking itself.  If through their publisher bought the rights to 1 year, they paid 1500 Vn piaster.  They print as many copies for sale I do not know.  Suppose they say in 2 thousand copies but actually printed 10 thousand copies already sold, I do not know.  But in taking visitors must have known and new, whereas only print money hole.  A song like 'Quán midnight'[Quán nửa khuya] and reprinted in the first phase was 5 thousand, 10 thousand and brought back to be about 200 thousand.  'Essence Publishing' 
[Tinh Hoa miền Nam] purchased the rights to negotiate with the price of 200 thousand.  At that time, the song had sold slowly, so all I glad. And the sign Tuấn Khanh music, publishers bought a year to apy 1500 Vn piaster was glad then, if they buy 3 years, 4500 is glad.  Meanwhile a noodle 3 copper price.

TTT: The concept of paying for music live how?  In one family studied music does not pay?  Notes can allow or encourage their children to learn and practice non-musicians?

TK: I live and work in this industry a long time, so I understand, to have new skills or writing or music. My  However, I have lots of new shine.  Also to be very interested and passionate pursuit of more, so none of my sons went to this sector at all.

TTT: In a  memoir of singer Qiong Yao  [Quỳnh Giao], se has referred to the period 'Chu mạnh Trinh', i.e. time composing songs pay great when he resided in alleys Chu mạnh Trinh, such as' the Last Leaf', [Chiếc lá cuối cùng],''One Way East'[Một chiều đông], 'Spring Night Dreams' [Mộng đêm xuân],'Hill Sim' [Đồi Sim], 'Below US rig Old
[Dưới giàn hoa cũ], and the song 'Come On the Back' [Ngày nào con trở về].  Is that the most flourishing time of writing does not pay?  Notes can tell why?  What has driven? silhouette young woman and gently, shyly, waiting for his son to return there must be real or just fiction?

TK: Stage did you?? What motivates?  Acutally when I compose a new whole is composed confided.  Of course this person is familiar, the other and fell in love, feelings, new write.  Silhouette of girls lurking are true, the true, no fiction.  Once she Nguyễn Cao Ky Duyên on Paris by Night said, "So, that was 10 her 10 songs, 20 songs, 20 she?".  Actually with her first,I could write a few article already..  I noticed, whenever I write articles for other people or get the attention of others who wrote, called literary 'Commercial loans, mour-
nings' the ones that do not have all life at all .  Or it can be said that 'new fire smoke'.[có lửa mới có khói].

TTT: Note could recount some happy and sad memories of life gathered around the musical friends in the alley that days of Chu mạnh Trinh Pham Duy, Anh Ngọc, Vũ Thành, Dương thiệu Stripping [Tước?], Hoàng anh Tuấn etc ..


TK: Another day in the alley Chu mạnh Trinh, my best friend's family Pham Duy, Phạm Duy or touring so or because I care for you Spring Flowers.[Hoa Xuân].  I also compose singer audiotape or call or help things to Vũ Thành, Võ đức Thu (near there ).. when they need to ..etc... Jokes that day you broke most Phạm Duy against neighbor.  On new Year's Eve offerings which to worship yard, closing comes on, wait for the end of incense into the chicken, watermelon,dissappeared.  Mosquito Festival last to lucky Phạm Duy, I said, "This year too bad darling, anniversaries Eve, we took the kids to the calf children, watermelon".  He said, " Baby, you do not hav a scold, sometimes the culprit is your child." I also funny too, sure he was aware that his son playing out like.


TTT: You know cooking when?

TK: In 1983, I feld to the United Stated through the white hands.  I then ponder ways to help the family survive.  I started researching how cooking by trying to recall childhood how to eat 'ph', the start practicing.  One day I invitedd Duy Quang singer [Pham Duy' son] and friends to eat soup I cook.  Everyone sobbing good compliment.  In the crowd you have a noodle shop owners to eat noddles ar Bolsa and asked if I wanted to help her noodle shop not she paty 2500 dollars a month.  This amount is very big that day, I'm glad too, preparatory work for her.  But the pastor of the Prostestant church [Hội thánh Tin lành] I used to recommend, shoud not do so if they make after they graduated from College, after 1 month they will be laid off.  So I do not work for her anymore.  I further research for a long time, but have not opened the shop because not enough money that the small children.  I continue to shop at home and invite friends to eat.  Must be extended to 14 years when the opening is large enough and opur children can take on the opening of the  store. 

TTT: "Thanks for paying attention and wish peace and compositions increasingly more prolific.  []

  

      https://mailgoogle.com/mail/u0#inbox/158c42aaec565416

0 Nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét

Đăng ký Đăng Nhận xét [Atom]

<< Trang chủ